- Hysitron TI-950 Nanoindenter
- Three transducers: Dynamic (~18 mN max load), 2D (for indentation & scratch; 12 mN max load), and Multiprobe (500N max load )
- Multiple dry and fluid cell probes: Berkovich, Cube corner, Conicospherical
- Extended Displacement Stage
- High temperature stage (up to 200°C)
- Renishaw InVia Raman Spectroscopy System
- Confocal Microscope
- Red and Green lasers
- Wire analysis software
- Fiber Optic and software connectivity to enable Raman Spectra measurements of material surfaces placed on the Nanoindenter XYZ motorized stage
Funded through a 2013 NSF Major Research Instrumentation Award to Prof. Ferguson, this novel instrument is housed within the Engineering Center and operates as a core facility instrument. This system is currently a one-of-a-kind and enables independent or combined assessment of nano- and micro-mechanical properties and material surface chemical analysis at matched length scales.
To request training or data collection using this system, please contact Prof. Ferguson directly at Virginia dot Ferguson at colorado dot edu.
Internal University of Colorado users can also submit a request to use either the Nanoindenter, Raman, or both here.